Followers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Visit to Paris

Guest post written by Miriam Webb.

When my granddaughter told me she was studying abroad in Paris for a semester in college, I started making plans immediately to visit her there.

I had been there four times over the years and spoke French for years. Granted, I’m not exactly fluent anymore because I’m so out of practice but when I visited her in the spring I was able to use my knowledge a bit.

My friend Blanche came along with me to see the sites because I didn’t want to travel by myself and she had never visited there before. When we met Ashley and then ate at a café, I had trouble hearing what the waiter was saying so I didn’t get to use my French skills as much as I would have liked.

We went and hit all of the usual tourist sites like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre and then Ashley took us on a tour of the campus of the college she was attending there.

It was such a great trip, but as soon as we got home I went to one of the miracle ear locations in my city and got some hearing aids. That incident at the café made me realized that I needed to stop putting that off and use getting them as an opportunity to make my life more satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.