Followers

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Atlas V Launch at Cape Canaveral

I snipped this photo from NASA website. In an hour, hubby and I will be heading to Nicols Park, a good location to watch the launch of Atlas V. The United Launch Alliance Atlas V 401 rocket is scheduled to lift off at the  Cape Canaveral Air Force Station's Space Launch Complex 41 right here in Florida. Nicols Park is located along US 1 and we lived just 3 minutes away from the park.
 photo AtlasVRocket_zpsc03dc1f0.jpg
The picture below is a boat dock near Nicols Park and the body of water that you see here is Indian River. Across the river is Cape Canaveral Air Force Station where the picture above can be seen so tiny. With the help of my DSLR camera, I hope, I can capture the lift off.

I never use my DSLR since hubby gave it to me last Christmas. I never tried the feature and I hope I will be able to use the right function.

Anyway, the launch window is 8:48 - 9:28 p.m. It will be dark in Nicols Park but, expect there are people who wanted to witness this big event. So far, we have nice weather tonight. I took the picture above using my Blackberry phone during the launch of Falcon X so; it will be super dark. I really hope I will be able to get a good shot so I can share it with you. Wish me luck guys. See you later.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.