Followers

Monday, November 25, 2019

Magnitude 5.9 Earthquake in Kadingilan, Bukidnon

A magnitude 5.9 earthquake rocked Mindanao at around 9:22pm, Monday night, November 18. The epicenter was located some 6 km northwest of Kadingilan, Bukidnon. It was intensity IV in Cagayan de Oro. The earthquake was tectonic in origin.

During the earthquake, I was doing the dishes and suddenly I felt dizzy and thought that it was just an headache then I realized that I was an earthquake. I thought it was a normal and a weak earthquake but it started to get stronger over time and it felt like were thrown and the ground was moving in an up-and-down motion. It is the first time that I felt an intensity 4 earthquake.

As the earthquake is happening, I stop washing the dishes and thinking to be calm. In the other hand, my sister was panicking and started screaming and started yelling "PAPAAAA!". I shouted at my sister and told her to be calm and don't panic. I've told her that go under a hard object or put your hand or a hard object on top of your head in case something gonna fall. 

Luckily, no one of my friends we're injured or hurt during the earthquake but sadly their are reports that many are affected badly during the earthquake and some infrastructures were destroyed during the disaster.



This is a video of the water during the earthquake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.