Followers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Major Major" Talk of the Pageant

Miss Universe 2010 - I must admit that I was one of the hopefuls who watched the Pageant with so much excitement. Hubby and I were having a vacation here in Port Canaveral near the Kennedy Space Center and late evening is TV time. Since it was shown live in an evening show, we just watched it. Actually, we just focus watching the pageant when Miss Philippines was named as one of the TOP 15 finalists.

I was so proud especially when she was named as one of the TOP 10 finalists. Honestly, it was my first time to see her on TV. I do not have a subscription of any Filipino Channel so, I am not updated with Philippine news. She was pretty and the body was truly WOW!

Seeing her on TV and named as one of the Top 5 Finalists in the Prestigious Search for Miss Universe 2010 was totally great! My fellow "Kababayan" did so well on stage! She made it to top 5 from 83 women!

Then, came the unforgettable Q and A portion. She was the last finalist that was called and she drawn the name of the handsome William Baldwin. After she gave the answer, I convinced myself that she will make it to top 3. I know, I made a fool out-of-myself thinking she will. SIGH! Yeah! She blew her chance to be the next Miss Universe. BUT....

Should we blame her for what had happen? She was over-confident, some say! For me, maybe she was star-struck with the judge! Her answer was trending in Facebook and Twitter! I read all the nasty and harsh criticism, even below the belt!

Maybe, we Filipinos expect too much of her. That was her BEST and she was happy with Top5. We believe that she can do better than what she had shown to the world. She MIGHT BE but, what she did is good enough FOR HER and that was HER MAJOR contribution to the country.

What have we done to our country? Filipinos should move on! Just make a deepest SIGH and move on! (SIGH) and yeah ... don't frown .... just LAUGH out loud and move on! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. hahahah is that your major major opinion? why not???!!!
    i am taking a very deep breath right now hahahha.. so long, philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe.. mao jud Te Amz.. dako^ natong proud nga nka-top5 xa.. dogay na bya pod (1999) nga wla nkatungtong sa top5 ang PI, no? and to think nga gkan xa sa ubos kaau nga level of living status, i mean iya family makes me more proud. Sge lang, pero mora bitaw og overconfident or a little sarcastic iyang tubag dah.. pero not shown on her facial expression and made me think, she still handle it though mora'g na-star-struck to xa sa nag-question or lisod pod itubag ky basin ma-low iyang self-esteem. If he answered it by kidding, lisod mn pod.. ahay.. okay.. naka-move on nko. Aw.. heheh.. bitaw oi, am proud for her bya! Thanks for sharing your take Te Amz and commenting on mine too.. muahhh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.