Yesterday, I was so excited to see the banner displayed near Kangaroo Gasoline Station here in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. The information says that the Grand Opening of the historic Fort Maurepas Park will be held on Saturday, October 24,2009 at 5:00 - 7:00 P.M. at Front Beach Drive, Ocean Springs, Mississippi. There will be a 20-minute fireworks and a formal ceremony on the said event.Fort Maurepas Park features:
- a short stone wall on the footprint of the prior fort
- an outdoor stage
- a pavilion with handicap accessible restrooms
- a play structure and splash pad
- a grass paver parking area
- the bronze statue of d’Iberville by internationally known sculptor, Marlene Hilton Moore.