Followers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Stuffy Nose

I have been suffering from an on and off headache, stuffy nose and misty eyes since I arrived from my three months vacation. I don't like to smell perfumes, I hate smoke and dust because it triggers my headache. I tried to research about stuffy nose and here is what I found out:
Rhinitis is a medical term for stuffy nose. It is the irritation and inflammation of some internal areas of the nose and the symptom would be the nasal dripping. I had this all the time and what's crazy was, when I am in a nice environment like the mall, I really feel good. When I smell something clean gosh, I felt so healthy! When I smell cigarette or just a slight smell of fumes, I swear that I would feel dizzy and have a nasal congestion!

My wild guess, I have a non-allergic rhinitis called vasomotor rhinitis. I never have allergy since childhood and according to a research study, hormones play a vital role in this type of rhinitis. Any individual suffering from vasomotor rhinitis will experience the symptoms year-round, though symptoms may exacerbate in the spring and autumn when rapid weather changes are more common. Maybe this is what I have. If you think you are having this symptom, consult your doctor. That's what I am doing and my appointment will be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.