Followers

Monday, November 25, 2013

SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket Launch

I know it's late in sharing you this great news. I am so pre-occupied with so many things plus, my sister-in-law and her family will be spending an early Thanksgiving dinner with us, tomorrow. I know right? Oh, hubby and I can't wait and we are so excited for their visit. We almost forgot about this launch today. As I am writing this, I only have about 40 minutes left to be in the right area to watch it. I guess we will just watch it by the Indian River. We are too tired to watch it in Cape Canaveral. Anyway, this mission of the SpaceX is the first geosynchronous transfer orbit mission out of Cape Canaveral, Florida

Okay, this is Falcon 9 SES 8 communications satellite and the launch is scheduled today, November 25 at 5:37 to 6:43 PM EST at SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. The mission of SES 8 is to "provide Ku-band and Ka-band direct-to-home broadcasting and network services over the Asia-Pacific region. This rocket will fly in the Falcon 9 v1.1 configuration with upgraded Merlin 1D engines, stretched fuel tanks and a payload fairing."

As I look at outside, it is cloudy and miserable. I don't know if this rocket will launch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.