Followers

Thursday, February 7, 2013

In Mourning: Sky Watching Lifts Me Up

Every waking moments of my life, I appreciate the air I breathe and the gift of life. Life is too short to be wasted. When hubby and I travel either long trip or just around the neighborhood, I make sure that I glorify God for all His goodness and blessings. I am not as religious as you are but, I know how to thank and praise God (wink). When I am not in my gaily mood, sky watching lifts me up and it's my way of conversing to God.

A while ago, I was browsing of the funeral photos of a neighbor friend back home. It is heartbreaking to see her husband and son mourning then, I started to recall. Ate Lita is our neighbor in fact, our house is next to hers and she is the first neighbor that is like a family to us. We were neighbors for 13 years and she and my mom bonded closely together. When I was at work whole day, she was there for my mom chit-chatting about dreams and life.

When I left to migrate half way around the globe, she remains a good friend to my mom. Ate Lita's company is precious and she was always there for my mom. I was back home in two years and she was there with warm smiles excited that I came home to be with my mom. We talk about the future that one of these days, we all could go to Bohol, in their farm and spend a vacation in the island. On my next visit, I said.

Our health is indeed our wealth. No matter how financially stable we are, if our health will deteriorate then, we are at the mercy of God's ultimate healing. I was thinking about my health because lately, I am sickly. Anyway, I talk to my mom every day and I was aware that Ate Lita was sick for few months now. I thought it was just an ordinary sickness you know; fever and colds. I thought she will be back in her home soon. She died at the age of 54 and all I can remember about her is that she is very healthy. I was surprised to learn that she was gone and I ask why? Why her Lord? She has so many plans. What about her dreams for her son? As I gazed up the sky, it seems that this statement has broken the silence: Who am I to complain about God's plan?

Wherever you are right now Ate Lita, you are now at peace in God's presence. I will truly miss you when I come home soon. To a good friend, rest in peace Ate.

Sky watching lifts me up when I am sad, lonely or heartbroken. The beauty of nature speaks profoundly about God's promise that amidst life's obstacles and pain, there will always be sunny and beautiful skies. Thank you for reading my post everyone. I hope you like the photos above. All of these were taken along the roads heading to Melbourne, Florida. Stay happy and live life to the fullest.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.