Followers

Saturday, May 18, 2013

NASA ParkWay West and Space Commerce Way in Merritt Island

My husband and I love to drive this route especially before sunset. This is NASA Parkway West which is also known as NASA Causeway West. The NASA Parkway West crosses the Indian River Lagoon. There is a bascule bridge (drawbridge) which permits boats on the Inter-coastal Waterway to pass through the causeway. About 2 miles from the bridge is the property of the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and the John F. Kennedy Space Center. See the building at the far end, that is already the entrance of the Kennedy Space Center. I took the picture of the ditch to point the location where, at times wild gators love to sunbathing.
 photo NASAParkwayandSpaceCommerceWay4_zpsf37b6bdb.jpg
I took this picture right at the intersection of NASA Parkway and Space Commerce Way  which is also known as Government Road. The Merritt Island peninsula is at its widest in this area extending towards Cape Canaveral.
 photo NASAParkwayandSpaceCommerceWay3_zpsfc095eed.jpg
The public cannot go beyond the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. As I have said, that building at the far end. The general public is not permitted beyond this area. A NASA security only permits access to authorized tour buses, Kennedy Space Center staff and supply vehicles only.
 photo NASAParkwayandSpaceCommerceWay2_zps379a34c0.jpg
There are tour buses allowed to access the Vehicle Assembly Building and the Saturn V Center area. If you visited my blog more often, you already saw the pictures of what I am referring to. Anyway, the photo above was taken along the Space Commerce Way. Again, there are wild gators seen floating on the ditch. If you happen to pass by here, just look closely and for sure, you will see one or two.
 photo NASAParkwayandSpaceCommerceWay6_zps5366456d.jpg
I saw a big gator right on this end. I did not take my camera at that time though.
 photo NASAParkwayandSpaceCommerceWay5_zpsb8417cc8.jpg
On the exact location above, I saw this floating on the water ^_^
 photo wildgator_zpsa1cd485e.jpg
This wild gator probably about 8 or 9 feet. It is definitely bigger than I am. I used the zoom of my camera. I took the photo from inside the car along the road.

 photo NASAParkwayandSpaceCommerceWay_zpsfbd6f228.jpg
This ditch was taken along Space Commerce Way. I saw baby gators swimming here. That's all for now folks. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.