Followers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Enjoying the View in the Reading Garden

After lunch at Hard Rock, we cross the street and visit the Katrina Memorial and Reading Garden. I guess I took a picture of that tree before and they cut it down and made this artpiece of fish, turtle and other sea creatures. I was just taking my souvenir and post it here as my back up files and for you to have a glimpse of this place in Mississippi.
Right where I stand, as I already mentioned in my post before has a 12ft high water surge from the Gulf Coast just behind that building. Wide area are still unoccupied, only debris from that event happened August 29, 2005.
If you see some of the featured videos I embed from youtube, this part are flooded and slapped by huge and angry water surge. No wonder buildings, houses are swept off to sea.
These are plaques for Biloxi Residents, signage for this Reading Area located in Highway 90, Billoxi Mississippi.
Beautiful carving right? It's not done yet. Wonderful piece of art.
Have a Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. whoever conceptualzed this one is so artistic and innovative talaga.happy september ams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ams! oo nindot btaw na ilang mga sculptor dha sa mga kahoy noh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.