Followers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Old House

This is the old house of my father-in-law. My husband's home for so many years. It was August 29 2005 when Hurricane Katrina hit Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana States. The water level reached at the ceiling of the house. Everything inside washed out. Cars was destroyed too. My Father-in-law and his wife evacuate to his daughter's place away from the shoreline. Just click the pictures to see how devastating that storm was. Everything inside the house was destroyed. What was really heartbreaking was all the pictures and memories too were washed out to the sea. I visited this sight few days ago. It was really the best. The community is nice, big houses and his property was really huge. The back area has swimming pool and as you can see, the water level left a mark above the roof top. The pool was filled with dirt water and debris. Their two cars swept by the current. If you visit Mississippi right now, towards the Gulf Coast, there were still ruins left by that storm.
There was no single item in the house that can be salvage. All the childhood pictures of my husband were gone too. My sisters- in-law kept a few so, I have glimpsed of the handsome face of my hubby when he was younger (Smile). Can't believe I married a Hollywood star...LOL!
The backyard of this house was huge. Pool and a Dock Area for his boat. That was really a huge boat. I think I will enjoy living in this place than where we are right now. The property was surrounded by the bayou/lake and the Gulf of Mississippi. You saw the view before in some of my posts. The place here is nice. Overlooking the water. Fenced. With private boat dock. Well, the boat was also gone into pieces. They got insurance anyhow for everything but, not worth it. The memories they created in this house is too precious. My father-in-law don't want to go back because of what had happened. Every year, people living in these states listen to warnings and take it seriously.

4 comments:

  1. my gosh what a disaster....glad we don't live there...kahadlok sad kaau woi.....thanks for sharing teAmz....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a disaster, but usually people need disaster as reminder for humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor FIL of yours.. did the govt give assistance to the people after the katrina tragedy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. disasters leave vestiges of pain for the lost personal properties and memories. it happened to my family here, too when storms regularly visit my place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.