Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

When I was in Orlando, I met this beautiful family through Barbara, a friend who is like my mother. Arriving in the US for the first time was like being in a NEW WORLD. It was Barbara that I get to talk to and she knew that I needed to work because I was bored at home. When my husband went to work, he drove me to her place. All we did was talk and went out for grocery even if she really do not need to. Anyway, knowing that I have a background in handling children at school, she recommended me to this new couple. The man worked in a prestigious hotel in Florida while the woman managed a booming Spa business in Orlando. They are desperate to find someone who they can trust to take care of their beloved princess in their wonderful home.
I met both the woman and the baby in the morning and the moment I walked in, Emilia held my hand as a gesture of welcome. The mother was amazed because she thought there was a "click" between us already. I knew the mother liked me, that's what I thought, LOL but, she waited for the decision of her husband. Later that evening, we came back and I met the husband. He too was delighted to see the reaction of his princess towards me. I was with Emilia for four months and she was just 15 months old at that time. She is very adorable, sweet, intelligent and happy. We both love to watch educational TV series, we play tag (that was tiring for me, LOL), we dance a lot and she loves to run. In four months she can recognized pictures and say the words properly. I used flash cards to teach her new words and everyday, she had tricks to brag to her parents. When I announced that we will move to Mississippi, the mother cried and the father was disappointed. Both of them were shocked because they have so much plan for me to have me stay with them forever. Of course, eventually, we all knew it will never happen but, as long as I live in Orlando, they can always call me. The parting was painful for all of us. The mother was in tears as I hugged her goodbye and my heart was crying too. They gave me a bracelet with a message "YOU WILL BE MISSED". ---to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks all for dropping by. I love to read your comments. Have a good day.

Disclosure Policy

is valid from 02 July 2009 This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.